The UBC Physsoc Mentorship Program: we have collaborated with the Graduate Student Association to create this program which connects undergraduate students to established physicists who are putting their degrees to use in both traditional and unexpected ways. Our goal is to help students discover potential career paths and define themselves professionally with the guidance of someone who’s been in your shoes.
What to expect:
- Mentors are matched with 1-2 students who share similar interests
- Meet together several times throughout the year
- We strongly encourage a workplace visit
- Share experiences, insight, advice, and encouragement
- Consider attending an industry event such as a conference or seminar together
- Program-wide launch and year-end event
Please fill out this form:
* please note a Physsoc membership is required for mentees to enter the program. Buy a membership here!