Department of Physics and Astronomy
University of British Columbia
- All students registered in programs offered by the Department of Physics and Astronomy and members of the UBC Physics Society are eligible to receive access to the Hennings Building outside of regular building hours (7:00 am – 7:00 pm weekdays). In order to obtain access privileges, you must fill out the application form (see bottom of page); your card will be programmed accordingly should you meet the requirements.
- You may not share your card or loan it to others, and you must report a lost, stolen, or damaged card to Leanne Ebbs (Hennings 325) immediately so that the card can be deactivated.
- Cards will provide access to the Hennings Building 24/7 throughout the year.
- Cards will automatically expire after the end of each Winter/Summer Session (April 30th/August 31st). Should you require access beyond that date, you must fill out the application form again.
- Operate your card by holding it lightly against the keypad mounted beside the Main Entrance Door, or the Side Door facing The Nest.
- Those using Hennings Building are required to carry their Access Cards at all times.
- Under no circumstances can any university property be removed from the rooms or building.
- DO NOT prop open any outside doors to the Hennings Building at any time.
- Use of departmental space outside of regular hours is a privilege extended to students. Abuse and/or disrespect of the rooms/building may result in removal of this privilege for all students.
If you have any questions or concerns, please see Leanne in Room 325 or the Co-Presidents of the UBC Physics Society.
Please fill out this form if you would like to be granted access for the 2018 Winter Session to the Hennings Building.